Sunday, November 2, 2008

All in all, it's just another blog on the... web

So. They're out there- thousands (millions?) of people with interesting things to say, now afforded the opportunity to effortlessly analyze, criticize, create, speculate, bitch, riff, satirize, and do a thousand (million?) other things in the form of verbs via blogs. Did you know that? It's overwhelming, even for someone who is at the moment not employed and not particularly busy, and so, arguably has nothing better to do than sit and read blogs all day. So after loosing thousands (...) of hours to blog-reading by now, does it make any sense at all to start my own, adding to the noise? Nope! But I'm doing it, and here is why:

I noticed the other day that I think in blog format- ideas progress into composed, developed, but not too long chunks of text, sometimes snarky, often with links to other interesting thoughts or pictures. It could be that a lot of people think like this and the blog (or before that, the op ed piece or newspaper column, or before that, well I don't know, surely something along those lines) format just fit the bill. Which created which- don't know, probably an endless cycle of both. Point is, I think I might like it here, I can practice writing and being clever, and I don't have to answer for any of it- a switch from my usual upstanding, responsible self.

I don't know quite what I expect to write about or how often, but many an adventure has started this way, so I'm hopeful.

Look at that, an introductory post. We're cookin now!

No comments: